"He must become greater; I must become less" John 3:30
This last week this is the verse that has been ringing in my head. It's one that I have often become tied up in, lingering on the words "He...greater; I...less", letting them melt over me. I have asked God how do I do this? How do I make you greater and me less? Show me how, I need to do this right...I want to do this right! (I still have to fight off perfectionism)
God spoke to me through song, as He often does...
"Sit enthroned upon my heart, with everything You are
Come live Your life in me, reign supremely
I'm not just giving You my sin, but everything within
Come take control and make me holy"*
And then there were those words...
"reign supremely...
I'm not just giving you my sin, but everything within..."
That's how my daughter, that's how. Give me everything.
Sin, hurt, joy, anger, relief, sick, well, cranky, happy, sad, hope, anxiety, tears, laughter, worry, excitement.
EVERYTHING
Plans, hopes, dreams, goals, burdens, thoughts, ideas. insecurities.
EVERYTHING
Until there is nothing left in me....until it has been poured out to the One who created it! The One who knows the beginning and the end of my story. The One who is writing my story. The One who loves me and wants to know me. The One who has given me a new life in Him!
And so another song is placed on my heart,
Make me broken
So I can be healed
‘Cause I’m so calloused
And now I can’t feel
I want to run to You
With heart wide open
Make me broken
Make empty
So I can be filled
‘Cause I’m still holding
Onto my will
And I’m completed
When you are with me
Make me empty
[Chorus:]
‘Til You are my one desire
‘Til You are my one true love
‘Til You are my breath, my everything
Lord, please keep making me
Make me lonely
So I can be Yours
‘Til I want no one
More than You, Lord
‘Cause in the darkness
I know You will hold me
Make me lonely*
Oh what an incredible journey it has been this last week. To lay it before the One who knows what to do with it! There is no better place! There is a freedom like none I have ever known. There is a hope I have never dared jump into. There is a peace and comfort I have never felt. Praise God!
I challenge you. I challenge you to give it all to the One who waits for you, loves you, wants you. The One who calls you by name, the One who knew you before you were formed and formed you. The One who will show you how glorious it is to make Him more and you less.
(*Sit Enthroned-Mary Vorrath/ Keep Making Me-Sidewalk Prophets)
No comments:
Post a Comment