Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lighten up...

I'm not really sure where to begin with this. The idea of a blog...while I did make an attempt at one years ago...has always caused me pause. A flood of questions comes over me and I feel like I'm drowning in the worries of doing it wrong. What if I spell something incorrectly, what if I appear one way but I really meant it another way, what if my grammar is incorrect, etc. The list goes on and on in my incessant quest for this to be perfect.....well, I guess I better lighten up. Life isn't perfect. My grammar won't be perfect. More than likely I have already made a mistake in sentence structure. My use of (...) is quite excessive and I'm barely a few sentences in, I just like them I guess. I will do my best to type what I mean, but something is bound to be lost in translation. So I start this blog with a huge, flashing, neon light, sign that says lighten up...just lighten up. 

I begin this blog by saying I love Jesus and I am learning to love Him with all that I am and all that I have. I have been poured out in very painful ways. I am learning who I am in Him. I am learning who I am in the place He has put me. I am learning to find joy in all, especially when pain is so very real and suffocating. I am learning to lighten up. I am learning that this life is hard, but My God overcame and He will carry me through to overcome.

I come before you open and honest. Understanding that all details need not be divulged all at one time in order to be open and honest. My thoughts and feelings for that day, week, or month will tell the very real story of a woman who lost so much, yet found all she needed in the arms of her Savior. The story of a woman who struggles every day with the path that is before her, but knows that her God is good and this is and will be good.

I feel the need to write. To lay it at His feet. To share my testimony for God's glory. 

Maybe a few will read it, maybe quite a few will read it, I know my God knows it.


2 comments:

  1. Love this and your heart friend. The trust and faith you have shown and continue to show through great trials are such an encouragement to me and so many others.

    ReplyDelete