What's with the light at the end of the tunnel anyway? You know, the one that seems to continually move forward as you take a few steps toward it and a million steps back. The one that you wrack your brain about when you hope and pray the end of this horrible mess will be over soon. The one that one day seems to be getting closer then...BAM...the poop hits the fan.
I've been thinking a lot about this lately. How does this frustrating light work and why does it seem to turn off multiple times. It's like it is teasing me. Who is messing with the switch!
Then it hit me.
TON...OF...BRICKS type hit.
KNOCK.THE.WIND out of me hit.
Why in the world am I waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel??! Yes, I want this mess to be over and I am worn out by the barrage of hits that never end. But why the light? What am I waiting for?
I am yearning for peace and rest. My heart cries out for stillness and calm. This week I was pummeled once again. And the light at the end of the tunnel seemed to change...
It was as if a light switch had indeed been turned on and it was illuminating my whole world.
I am in the Light that I have longed for because I am in the presence of the Almighty King. Jesus, my God, my Savior IS THAT LIGHT. I don't have to wait for the struggle to be over to experience that peace, rest, stillness, and calm that I think the light at the end of the tunnel brings. I don't have to wait for the END!
Yes I pray that my pain will be over, and soon, but I don't want to miss what God is doing in the pain. I don't want to miss His constant provision. I don't want to miss the peace, rest, stillness and calm He freely gives. If I focus only on the end, I miss what He is doing everyday He allows me to be on earth.
John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
We will have pain and sorrow. There will be times of great joy and great sadness. But we DON'T HAVE to wait for the light at the end to breath.
So goodbye light and...hello Light.
No comments:
Post a Comment